We’ve set out some key principles for considering when facilitating a Health and Wellbeing Conversations. Whilst these will be the same for everyone, your personal facilitation style may differ (and that’s okay!).
Our main goal is to help people have a purposeful conversation which enables them to think and make decisions about their own health and wellbeing. As a facilitator, you might feel you already have a good understanding of some of these topics and just need a brush-up. Or, this might be the first time you are thinking about having this kind of conversation and you’re looking for as much information as possible. No matter where you are, we hope you’ll find something in this learning guide to help you. We invite you to make your way through the guide at your own pace and remember, you can always come back for a refresher when you need.
This guide includes:
- Key principles of Health and Wellbeing Conversations
- Understanding what impacts our resilience
- Where to go to find out more on:
- Recognising when someone is struggling
- Compassionate listening skills: listening with empathy
- Things to do and say when supporting someone
- Remembering self-care when supporting others
4.Additional tools and resources